ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Latvia
RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciences › Education
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/01/2022 09:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2018
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Open competition for foreign academic staff selection within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
“Promoting the Employment of Foreign Academic Staff at the University of Latvia”
The aim of the Project – to promote the employment of foreign academic staff in the study direction “Education, Pedagogy and Sport”, thus contributing to the internationalization, export and international competitiveness of the University of Latvia.
Project results – 30% of the foreign academic staff who have received ESF funding continue to work as academic staff at the University of Latvia.
Project time period - from 4th quarter of 2018 to 3rd quarter of 2022, with minimum project participation set at 6 months.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
- Persons who have been employed in the academic position of any accredited foreign higher education institution during the previous five years;
- Persons holding the doctoral degree in the corresponding field of science or the equivalent field of science;
- Persons who have relevant scientific and academic work experience;
- Persons who can run e-studies Web-based environment;
- Persons who have participated in at least three international conferences with a presentation / report;
- Persons who have published monographs and scientific articles, including in the indexed issues (at least three);
- Partnership or participation in projects;
- Excellent knowledge of foreign languages, especially English, and skills to use it for studies and methodological work.
- Areas of work - pedagogy and education, study programmes - doctoral study programme “Pedagogy” and / or Master's study programme “Education” and / or professional Bachelor’s study programme “Teacher” and / or “Pre-school and Primary School Teacher” and / or first level Professional study programme “Pre-school teacher”.
When applying for ESF funding, the following documents are required:
- Application – Annex 1
- CV - Europass or in a free form with respect to the above requirements and conditions
EURAXESS offer ID: 306390
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.