ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier ITQB NOVA
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/01/2019 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Oeiras
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK35
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier (ITQB NOVA)
Call for a PhD Researcher
In accordance with the Decree-Law nº 57/2016 of 29 August, with the amendment introduced by Law 57/2017 of 19 July, ITQB NOVA opens a call for a PhD Researcher, in the scope of a project financed by FCT, entitled “Identification of the missing links in antibiotic resistance dissemination in the food production chain: from farm-to-fork” reference PTDC/CVT-CVT/29510/2017.
Academic Qualifications: PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedicine or similar.
General admission requirements:
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedicine or similar;
- Proven experience in the writing of scientific papers;
- Proven experience in the writing of scientific projects;
- Teaching and supervising experience;
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Experience in international scientific collaborations.
Specific admission requirements:
- Research experience in microbiology and molecular epidemiology of antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- Research experience as demonstrated by scientific publications in the area of Microbiology and Molecular Epidemiology, including papers in peer-reviewed journals, and communications in national and international conferences.
- Knowledge on the molecular epidemiology of Enterobactereacea, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii, Enterococcus faecium, and Staphylococcus aureus will be valued.
- Expertise in molecular typing methods, namely on sequenced-based methodologies; in sequence analysis tools; in techniques detecting biofilm formation; and antibiotic susceptibility testing methods.
- Expertise in phenotypic and genotypic methods for the isolation and identification of bacterial species.
- Previous experience in the supervision and co-supervision of Faculty Degree, Master or PhD students.
- Participation in research projects at national and international level.
Category and applicable legislation: PhD Researcher, salary index to the Single Salary Table (TRU) level 33, approved by Decreto-Regulamentar nº 11-A/2017, 29 November.
It is foreseen that the contract starts in January 2019. Employment contract for an uncertain term (according to the article 18, and sub-paragraph b) of paragraph 1 and 3 of article 6, DL No. 57/2016, of August 29, amended by Law No. 57/2017, of July 19) with an initial period of 6 months, eventually renewable up to a maximum of 3 years.
Documents required in the application:
Detailed Curriculum vitae;
Contacts of two references;
Evaluation of application (Curriculum vitae and motivation letter, based in the specific and general skills) - 90%
Interview - 10%
- Doctor Maria Miragaia (ITQB NOVA);
- Doctor Maria João Fraqueza (FMV/UL);
- Doctor Nuno Faria (ITQB NOVA);
- Doctor Cristina Mateus, (FMV/UL).
Submission and deadlines of applications: The application call starts on December 18th, 2018 and ends on January 2nd, 2019 (5:00pm GMT), 2018.
All documents must be sent as a single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference 29510-05-2018-FCT in the subject.
Notification of Results: All candidates will be informed of the decisions by e-mail.
EURAXESS offer ID: 364733
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.