ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier ITQB NOVA
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/01/2019 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Oeiras
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK35
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier (ITQB NOVA)
Call for a PhD Researcher
In accordance with the Decree-Law nº 57/2016 of 29 August, with the amendment introduced by Law 57/2017 of 19 July, ITQB NOVA opens a call for a PhD Researcher, in the scope of a project financed by FCT, entitled “Identification of the missing links in antibiotic resistance dissemination in the food production chain: from farm-to-fork” reference PTDC/CVT-CVT/29510/2017.
Academic Qualifications: PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedicine or similar.
General admission requirements:
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedicine or similar;
- Proven experience in the writing of scientific papers;
- Proven experience in the writing of scientific projects;
- Teaching and supervising experience;
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Experience in international scientific collaborations.
Specific admission requirements:
- Research experience in microbiology and molecular epidemiology of antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- Research experience as demonstrated by scientific publications in the area of Microbiology and Molecular Epidemiology, including papers in peer-reviewed journals, and communications in national and international conferences.
- Knowledge on the molecular epidemiology of Enterobactereacea, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii, Enterococcus faecium, and Staphylococcus aureus will be valued.
- Expertise in molecular typing methods, namely on sequenced-based methodologies; in sequence analysis tools; in techniques detecting biofilm formation; and antibiotic susceptibility testing methods.
- Expertise in phenotypic and genotypic methods for the isolation and identification of bacterial species.
- Previous experience in the supervision and co-supervision of Faculty Degree, Master or PhD students.
- Participation in research projects at national and international level.
Category and applicable legislation: PhD Researcher, salary index to the Single Salary Table (TRU) level 33, approved by Decreto-Regulamentar nº 11-A/2017, 29 November.
It is foreseen that the contract starts in January 2019. Employment contract for an uncertain term (according to the article 18, and sub-paragraph b) of paragraph 1 and 3 of article 6, DL No. 57/2016, of August 29, amended by Law No. 57/2017, of July 19) with an initial period of 6 months, eventually renewable up to a maximum of 3 years.
Documents required in the application:
Detailed Curriculum vitae;
Contacts of two references;
Evaluation of application (Curriculum vitae and motivation letter, based in the specific and general skills) - 90%
Interview - 10%
- Doctor Maria Miragaia (ITQB NOVA);
- Doctor Maria João Fraqueza (FMV/UL);
- Doctor Nuno Faria (ITQB NOVA);
- Doctor Cristina Mateus, (FMV/UL).
Submission and deadlines of applications: The application call starts on December 18th, 2018 and ends on January 2nd, 2019 (5:00pm GMT), 2018.
All documents must be sent as a single PDF file by email to email@example.com indicating the reference 29510-05-2018-FCT in the subject.
Notification of Results: All candidates will be informed of the decisions by e-mail.
EURAXESS offer ID: 364733