ORGANISATION/COMPANYMasaryk University - Faculty of Economics and Administration (HR)
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Brno
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK10
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2019
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
Department of Regional Economics and Administration:
two part-time (10 hours a week) Associate Professors to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration.
What does the position entail?
- teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration;
- supervising doctoral students;
- research activity, initiating and running research projects and grants;
- publishing activity;
- assessing PhD or habilitation theses;
- guaranteeing study courses.
What do we require?
- academic title of associate professor in the area of Regional Economics, Public Economics or in a related economic area, in accordance with Czech legislation, or its recognition based on bilateral agreements;
- teaching experience;
- publishing results in Regional Economics and related areas (mainly publications in journals with high impact factors and journals included in Scopus);
- the ability to lecture and publish in Czech and in English;
- experience in heading research projects;
- a research agenda relevant internationally, e.g.:
- active participation in international scientific conferences, presentation of research results at such conferences and other professional encounters abroad,
- heading expert sections at international research conferences, or their (co-) organisation;
- experience in participating in international research projects;
- reviews for journals, conferences and grant agencies in a foreign language;
- active membership in international research (professional) organizations.
What do we offer?
- interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development;
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- a complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities over the past 10 years in the following structure: monographs (B), articles listed in the Web of Science and Scopus (Jimp|Jsc), chapters (C) – applicants will highlight those publications that are relevant to the position;
- a list of research projects the candidate has led or participated in over the past 10 years;
- a list of citations to the applicant’s publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (not in WOS), other (not in WOS or Scopus);
- an overview of teaching experience;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Regional Economics and Administration (approximately 1 A4 page);
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: March 1, 2019 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your applications including the documents required for the selection procedure by 12. 2. 2019 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/43829 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.
EURAXESS offer ID: 369694