ORGANISATION/COMPANYScuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI)
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Mathematical physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Manno
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK42
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) active in the fields of natural and built environment, economics, technological innovation, applied art, social work and healthcare, learning and education at the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI) in Manno, in particular the Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA), has opened ten full time (100%) positions for postdoc Researchers in the area of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
- For senior researchers: a permanent contract.
- For junior researchers: a fixed-term contract for two years, with possibility of prolongation.
- An international working environment.
- Collaboration with a strong team of researchers in machine learning, statistics, control and NLP/U (http://ipg.idsia.ch).
- Development of your own professional skills and career progression.
- Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards.
Applications will be collected and evaluated on a monthly basis starting from January 31th,2019.
The applications will be closed when all positions are completed.
Applications which are incomplete or sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalentOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESITALIAN: Good
- Basic research, aimed at publications in top journals and conferences.
- Applied research: collaboration with companies in innovative projects.
- Acquisition of funds regarding both basic and applied research.
- For seniors only: responsibility of a research group.
- The main research areas relevant to these positions involve probabilistic machine learning, Bayesian statistics, (Bayesian) optimization, time series analysis, probabilistic programming, graphical models/causal inference, probabilistic deep learning and natural language processing/understanding (NLP/U)
- Master and PhD degrees in engineering, physics, statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative areas.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Excellent publication track (relative to the age/experience) in top journals and conferences of the related field.
- Excellent programming skills and proficiency with state-of-the-art libraries for machine learning and related areas.
- Good knowledge of Matlab and Python.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in working in European and industrial projects.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI)
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 370266
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.