ORGANISATION/COMPANYTechnische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Database managementComputer science › Digital systemsComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › Programming
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Hannover
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39.8
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology is looking to employ a
Web and UI Software Engineer (m/f/d)
to work in the TIB Research & Development Department. The candidate’s competence area should be squarely rooted in User Interface and Web software engineering. He/she should be able to think creatively, grasp new knowledge quickly, be able to design and develop innovative applications and be interested in mastering complex challenges. He/she will be responsible to develop innovative and mature information services for the TIB stakeholders in Science and Technology.
Possible work areas include (but are not limited to)
- Semantic Scholarly Communication and Metadata - in the context of our Open Research Knowledge Graph and OpenResearch.org initiatives
- Collaborative Knowledge Graph Management - requires good knowledge of semantic data management technologies
- Collaborative OpenCourseWare creation (SlideWiki.org) - requires good human-computer interaction and frontend development skills
- Question Answering Infrastructure (WDAqua/Qanary) - requires excellent skills in semantic technologies and natural language processing
What we offer
We provide a scientifically and intellectually inspiring environment with an entrepreneurial mindset embedded in a leading technical university and one of the largest technical information centers being part of Leibniz research association. Our aim is to provide the environment and resources to make the research group leaders successful in their field. There is a close cooperation with the Research Center L3S of Leibniz University Hannover – the L3S is one of the world's leading research institutes in the fields of Web & Data Science. Last but not least, we attach great importance to an open and creative working atmosphere with flat hierarchies in which it is fun to work. Furthermore, we offer:
- Candidates will work in the context of national, European or international research and innovation projects.
- Funding is available for equipment, conference and research visit travel.
- A portfolio of technology components to build on, including TIB AV-Portal, TIB‘s arXiv-Portal, DBpedia, OntoWiki, Qanary QA, SlideWiki etc.
- Qualified candidates will start in pay grade 12 or 13 TV-L of the German public service pay-scale depending on the qualification (Bachelor/Master).
The position starts as soon as possible. Initial appointment will be for 3 years with envisioned extension and possibility to make the position permanent. The working time is 100 % of the regular weekly working time in (39.8 hours/week). The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- A Master or bachelor degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Mathematics), PhD is a plus.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Proficiency in German is a plus.
- Experience and interest in user-centric design and modern UI development as well as crowd-sourcing and collaborative community applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with Semantic Technologies, Data Management, Human-Computer Interaction, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics or Digital Libraries is an asset.
EURAXESS offer ID: 370301
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.