ORGANISATION/COMPANYGraz University of Technology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Graz
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Geodesy of Graz University of Technology is seeking to appoint a full professor of
at Institute of Geodesy, starting in autumn 2020. The position is tenured according to Section 98 of the Austrian University Act (§98 UG).
For this position, we are seeking a highly qualified and scientifically well-established individual who is deeply committed to representing the field of “Navigation” and, in particular, “Navigation Satellite Systems and Reference Systems“, both in teaching and in research. The expertise of the applicants must cover several of the following areas:
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- GNSS receiver architecture, robust signal processing
- Reference Systems: global, presice and long-term stable reference frames (ITRF, ICRF)
- Global Geodetic Observing System (GGOS)
Involvement in the main research areas of the Faculty and the Graz University of Technology is just as welcome as is the cooperation with local and international industries, other universities and research institutions.
In terms of teaching, both the fundamentals as well as areas of specialization in the aforementioned list are to be represented. Previous experience in and the willingness to pursue interdisciplinary collaboration, as well as intensive interaction with students and active participation in university affairs are expected.
Applicants must have earned a doctorate (Ph.D.) in the required engineering discipline or in a closely related field from an Austrian or equivalent foreign university.
Key selection criteria are as follows:
- Outstanding scientific qualifications (as evidenced by a habilitation or equivalent scientific achievements)
- Excellent didactic skills
- Gender and diversity competencies
- Qualification and suitability for leading a research group/university institute
- Experience in university-level teaching (for example supervision of scientific work)
- Involvement in international research (for example research stays abroad)
- Experience in cooperation with companies, research institutions or universities
- Successful experience in the acquisition of third-party funds
The chosen applicant should have a strong command of the English language, written and spoken, so as to effectively represent and communicate the subject matter in an international context both in the classroom and in the research field. If the candidate does not yet have sufficient knowledge of the German language, he or she must be willing to pursue and acquire said language skills.
The chosen applicant is expected to relocate his or her main residence to the Graz area.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase the proportion of women, in particular in management and academic staff. Therefore, qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the university, preference will be given to women if applicants are equally qualified.
Graz University of Technology actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants will not be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, or sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are explicitly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a detailed application in electronic form
- including certificates and documents, curriculum vitae
- with a description of the applicant’s scientific and professional career,
- publication list with copies of the five most important publications,
- an overview of his or her recent research and teaching activities and
- a concept for the future development of the institute in research and teaching)
by using the mandatory application form available under https://www.tugraz.at/go/professorships-vacancies by no later than
September 30, 2019
(e-mail timestamp), attn:
Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Geodesy at
Graz University of Technology
o.Univ.-Prof. Dr. phil. Dr. h.c. Robert Tichy
Petersgase 16/EG, A-8010 Graz, Austria.
Presentations and hearings are planned to be held in the period of January 13 - 17, 2020 and applicants are requested to reserve these dates.
The Dean: Robert Tichy
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCEMore than 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELGeosciences: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalentMathematics: PhD or equivalentAstronomy: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentGERMAN: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 420485
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.