ORGANISATION/COMPANYLuxembourg Institute of Health
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Strassen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2019
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Science Office represents the central element in the management of the LIH research projects and the Research Project Portfolio Manager (PPM) will be key in the coordination of the workloads/tasks between the PI, project managers and various administrative services. The PPM will thus ensure the appropriate support to the PIs all along the Project Life Cycle. The PPM will organize the flow of information between PIs, SSC members, Departmental Project Managers and administrative services to ensure smooth progression of research projects within the PLC Management processes of the LIH.
- Organize exchange of informationand document management (in collaboration with other project managers at SO) related to projects along the PLC.
- Prepare supporting material and document recommendations of the SSC.
- Interact with PIs on the SSC decision and specific requirements.
- Prepare ExeCom decision letters and organize follow-up with ExeCom secretary.
- Assist PIs and Departmental Project Managers to assess project progress in relation to initial workplan.
- Troubleshoot any issues in projects with the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist and participate in the information session / training on PLC
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Master’s degree in Life/Biomedical Sciences with a working experienceof minimum five (5) years in research support activities.
- Solid experience in the management of research projects.
- Constructiveattitude, flexibility and persuasion capacity enabling to manage internal and external expectations in a result-oriented way.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- IT skills: Excellent knowledge of mainly MS office suite and web-based query tools.
- Language skills: Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English, fluent command of French; German would be an advantage.
Applications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent before 31 October 2019 through our website www.lih/lu/jobs. Ref.: VD/RPPM0919/FG/SSC
EURAXESS offer ID: 447077
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.