ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Ceramics and Building Materials
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomaterial engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/10/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE12/11/2019
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Job offer for the project: „Multifunctional composites biologically active for applications in regenerative medicine of bone system” led by Prof. dr hab. Andrzej Trochimczuk. Project is carried out within the TEAM NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The aim of the project is to develop new polymer-ceramic composite biomaterials designed for applications in bone regenerative medicine. As part of cooperation of all research teams, porous implants for bone tissue regeneration and bone stabilizing implants covered with innovative coating materials will be developed.
- 15 000 PLN gross gross (~12 400 PLN gross) - min. 9 years after the doctorate (the beginning of this period is a year of diploma obtaining, and the end is a year of application deadline) + salary as a Leader of the area in LUKASIEWICZ Research Network – Institute of Ceramics and Building Materials,
- 11 250 PLN gross gross (~9 300 PLN gross) no longer than 9 years after PhD years (the beginning of this period is a year of diploma obtaining, and the end is a year of application deadline) + salary as a Leader of the area in LUKASIEWICZ Research Network – Institute of Ceramics and Building Materials
- Opportunity for self-improvement and self-development in young and experienced scientific team
- Opportunity to create and run your own research group in an exciting scientific field in a prestigious scientific project.
- Possibility to carry out research in an interdisciplinary consortium in the LUKASIEWICZ Research Network - Institute of Ceramics and Building Materials in Warsaw, in cooperation with the University of Lodz, the Cracow University of Technology and the Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Financing the remuneration of members of the research group recruited in the competition procedure, including minimum 3 young doctors, experienced staff with a PhD (2) and technical staff (2) for the duration of the project (up to 36 months).
Recruitment will include two phases:
- Application submission
- An interview with selected Candidates
Applications of candidates will be considered by the Scientific and Economic Committee of the TEAM-NET project.
The participants of the recruitment process have the right to appeal within 7 days of receipt of feedback from the Scientific and Economic Committee (SEC) or the recruitment commission. In response to the appeal, will be set up an appeal committee, whose opinion is necessary when approving the recruitment protocols by the Foundation of Polish Science
Please submit required documents by e-mail: email@example.com - in the title of the message, please add "Group Leader application". Applications should be sent within a deadline of 19 October 2019 at 23:59
The following clause should be attached to the application:
"I consent to the processing of my personal data by the Lukasiewicz Research Network - Institute of Ceramics and Building Materials for recruitment in accordance with art.6 par.1 lit.a Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016. on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation)" and declare that I have read the information clause available at: www. icimb.pl/o-instytucie/polityka-prywatnosci/obowiazek-informacyjny
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- PhD degree in technical or chemical sciences in the field of: Materials science or Chemical engineering, Chemical technology or related technologies
- Documented experience in managing research projects in the field of biomaterials
- Knowledge of English in speech and writing (minimum B2)
- Scientific achievements (including publications on topics compatible with the subject of the project, in which he is the first or correspondent author) on an international scale. Expected Hirsh index min. 5
- Experience in the synthesis of ceramic particles, in the work with biodegradable polymers and polymer / ceramic composites
- Experience in the development, production and characterization of biomaterials
- Knowledge of the procedure of placing medical devices on the market will be additionally rewarded
- A minimum of one two-month internship abroad (in a country other than the country of origin)
- Documented experience in managing the research group
- Experience in the implementation of interdisciplinary projects
- Documented knowledge of project management methodology, eg Prince 2, Agile, Scrum, 6 Sigma or equivalent will be additionally rewarded
- CV with a list of published articles, max. 3 A4 pages,
- Min. one, but no more than 5 attachments enabling evaluation of scientific and implementing achievements from the last 10 years (manuscripts texts, patent applications, patent implementations)
- A description of innovative character of above achievements and their influence on the development of science fields and a description of results and achievements of the last project (max. 1 A4 page)
- A proposition of presumptions and scientific methods, which will be a subject of R+D works of scientific group under the leadership of an applicant including (if applicable) foreign partners scientific within the project (max. 4 A4 page)
- Copy of the document stating the obtaining of the doctoral degree
- List of publications of last 10 years.
- Documents confirming the completion of scientific internships
- Dutifulness, well organized, kindness, teamwork
- Supervision and efficient running of the project at the place of its implementation, with particular emphasis on responsibility for its substantive and formal aspects.
- Adherence to the Organizational Regulations of LRN - ICiMB and other procedures binding at the Institute, in particular the rules of health and safety, directives of the Director and the company's secret
- Performing tasks entrusted by the Employer
- Creation and management of a research group
- Implementation of Team-Net project research agenda in the part provided for Lukasiewicz-ICIMB, in particular:
- Development of synthesis methods and preparation of calcium phosphates in fibrous form
- Full characteristics of the obtained fibers
- Preparation of composite polymer foams using PLLA and Ca-P particles obtained
- Characteristics of the obtained composites (including strength, structural and thermal tests, degradation)
- Elaboration of the procedure and launch of the service of testing the microstructure of ceramic micro-and nanofibers, using the SEM and STEM techniques
EURAXESS offer ID: 447799
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.