OFFER DEADLINE06/02/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMENot funded by an EU programme
ORGANISATION/COMPANYIMIBIC – Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute to Cordoba
IMIBIC HOSTING OFFER:
LaCaixa INPhiNIT INCOMING Doctoral Fellowship Programme
Description of the Programme
The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT “la Caixa” is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality who wish to pursue doctoral studies in Spanish or Portuguese territory. Sponsored by ”la Caixa” Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
35 PhD fellowships for researchers willing to carry out their PhD project in research centres accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or Health Institute Carlos III and Portuguese units accredited as “excellent” or “exceptional” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia.
The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills (through the collaboration of leading entities such as Vitae and Oxentia), temporary stays in industry, incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.
IMIBIC Hosting Offer
The Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba (IMIBIC) acts as host organisation within the INPhINIT Incoming programme by offering prestigious PhD open positions in which INPhINIT researchers may develop their doctoral research project.
1) At the call deadline (6th Feb 2019), applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
2) At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
- To have completed the studies that lead to an official university degree adapted to the European Higher Education Area awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
- To have completed a degree in university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
3) Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline (6th Feb 2019). Short stays, such as holidays, done in a country other than their country of usual residence (where they carried out their main activity), will be considered as time spent in their country of usual residence.
4) Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
5) Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
- CLINICAL VIROLOGY AND ZOONOSIS (Dr. Antonio Rivero Román)
- CRISPR-MEDIATED EPIGENETIC EDITING IN CANCER CELLS (Prof. Teresa Roldán Arjona)
- EXPERIMENTAL AND BIOCOMPUTATIONAL APPROACHES TO THE STUDY OF SPLICING DYSREGULATIONS IN CANCER: IDENTIFICATION OF NOVEL DIAGNOSTIC, PROGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC BIOMARKERS (Prof. Justo P. Castaño)
- CAMERA POSITIONING TECHNIQUES USING CONVOLUTIONAL NEURAL NETWORKS (Dr. Rafael Muñoz Salinas)
- IMPROVING AUTOMATIC MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BY DEEP LEARNING (Prof. Sebastián Ventura Soto)
- INTERLINKING LIPIDOMIC WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES (Prof. José López-Miranda)
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR HETERORRESISTANCE TO ANTIBIOTICS IN BACTERIA CAUSING NOSOCOMIAL INFECTIONS (Dr. Luis Martínez-Martínez)
- NEW MOLECULAR MECHANISMS IN THE PATHOLOGICAL INTERACTION BETWEEN OBESITY AND CANCER: ALTERNATIVE SPLICING, MIRNAS AND EXTRACELLULAR VESICLE AS POTENTIAL BIOMARKERS AND THERAPEUTIC TARGETS (Dr. Raul M. Luque Huertas)
- TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH IN REPRODUCTIVE AND METABOLIC MEDICINE: FOCUS ON POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME (PCOS) (Prof. Manuel Tena-Sempere)
- UNRAVELING NOVEL PLAYERS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF METABOLIC DISEASE IN OBESITY (Prof. María M. Malagón)
You can find each of these offers via the Offer Finder, available at: https://hosts.lacaixafellowships.org/finder
Select “IMIBIC – Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute to Cordoba” from the dropdown list under “RESEARCH CENTER”
You can also search the positions by their title, as listed above.
How to Apply:
If you want to apply for an INPhINIT fellowship, click on the link below to create your personal account and fill in the on-line application form: https://www.lacaixafellowships.org/index.aspx
6 February 2019: Application deadline.
20 February 2019: Deadline for submitting the language certificate.
23 April 2019: Notification of the shortlist results.
28 and 29 May 2019: Face-to-face interviews in Barcelona.
4 June 2019: Publication of the final list of selected candidates.
4 June 2019 to 5 July 2019: Matching between the research centres – fellows.
Call for application: