INTEGRATE is a doctorate training programme co-funded by the European Commission’s Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA)COFUND programme and the Centre for Research Training (CRT) in Genomics Data Science funded by Science Foundation Ireland (SFI).
INTEGRATE is a sub-programme within the CRT in Genomics Data Science. INTEGRATE students will specialize in Integrative Genomics Research and receive interdisciplinary training in (1) biomedical science (2) health research skills and methodologies and (3) genomics data science. The researchers trained in the programme will thus develop the knowledge and the ability to identify research questions that offer the greatest benefit to society and have all the skills to address these typically complex problems
There are 10 PhD positions available for the 2021 cohort across the 6 participating Irish Universities (National University of Ireland, University College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, University College Cor, Dublin City University and the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland). Students can choose to do their research project at any of the partner universities.
All students will carry out a 1st semester Residential Training Programme at NUI Galway. At the end of this residential training programme students choose projects/supervisors and relocate to the partner university at which their research project will commence.
How to apply:
Applications have to be submitted online, through the INTEGRATE website (http://integrategenomics.eu/).
The Application form has 5 sections:
1) Personal information, including proof of mobility-related eligibility
2) Academic qualifications (including B.Sc., MSc, other degrees, grades achieved, ranking in class, subjects studied, special training)
3) Work and research experience (detailing type of work, duties, research projects, expertise gained)
4) Scientific achievements (publications, awards, prizes, etc)
5) Personal statement detailing the motivation and how the INTEGRATE programme helps the applicant fulfil their career aims.
The online application system will automatically close on the 15th Jan 2021. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Students accepted onto the programme will start in Sept 2021.
For more information, click here.