Are you good at taking initiative and working independently? Join STARS (Swedish Trans-Atlantic Researchers and Scholars) Network’s Board of Directors!
As a Board Member, you’ll have the opportunity to direct STARS’ work and connect with researchers and students across North America and Sweden.
- President (2-4 hours / week): oversees and manages all STARS’ activities, including communications, events, platforms, etc.
- Event Chair (2-4 hours / month): manages event logistics (brainstorms event ideas, recruits presenters, manages meeting platforms and sign-ups, etc.) together with STARS’ President.
- Membership Chair (2-4 hours / month): recruits new members and identifies ways to connect with researchers in North America with a connection to Sweden.
- Partnership Chair (2-4 hours / month): initiates and manages collaborations with organizations and universities in North America and Sweden to attract new STARS members and support organizations and universities in their recruitment of international talent.
- Publicity Chair (2-4 hours / month): manages STARS’ social media accounts and collects relevant information for STARS’ monthly newsletters.